Sunday, August 10, 2014

Girl-Power-Chick-Flick: Baby Mama

In the past two weeks, I've been visiting family with my two little cousins from Maryland. We watched several of my movies... so here's the first one.


When did I get this: So I am not exactly sure when but before 2011. It was probably one of my famous ooh-this-is-for-$5 purchases. 

Memories/Emotions: Well, I was in grad school when this movie came out. And I don't know if we actually watched it together but my grad-school bff and I always quoted it -- especially when I couldn't get out of her car with it's automatic locks :). I have very happy memories of these experiences. This movie lands in the girl power category since it was very heavy on the "I don't need a relationship to have a baby" vibe. 

Lights, Camera, Action: (Watched 7/27/14) So prior to watching this movie, I had to make sure that my 12 year old cousin knew "the facts of life" (which she did). The 15 year old picked it out and said "hey Lesley Knobe is in this movie" and neither recognized Tina Fey... woa, I had so much to teach them. We settled in to watch this movie after a full day of going to church, eating lots of food, swimming, and visiting with in-town cousins. 

Afterthoughts: Laughs, laughs, and more laughs. It was fun to watch each of my very different cousins experience this movie. The older loved Amy Poler's character and the younger thought Steve Martin was hillarious. They both cracked up at the birthing classes scenes and mimiced the hillarious accent of the teacher. I sat back and tried to ignore my own biological clock nugging me that six years since this movie came out is pushing me towards the age of Tina Fey's character... but mostly I just laughed along with the girls. I even picked up my old habit of doing the "oh ooooh" sound a lot. :) 

Verdict: Keeper, duh!



TGMGT Six Degrees: Steve Martin was in Parenthood with Kenau Reves; Kenau was in Speed with Sandra Bullock; Sandy was in While You Were Sleeping (last movie reviewed). 


No comments:

Post a Comment