Saturday, September 13, 2014

Boyish-Chick-Flick: The Wedding Singer

Woa, I know what you're thinking. What is the deal with all this time since my last post? Well, I've had a busy month. I moved by in with my parents -- the joy of every 30-something -- and have been working through my depression getting settled. I am committed to finishing this project (at some point) and will catch up on four films I watched back in late July-August before I liberate my movies from the storage unit and get back to this.

The Wedding Singer

How Long Have I Owned It: Well, I honestly can't remember and because I just moved, it's stuck in a box somewhere :) I am pretty sure I bought this one in college though.

What memories or emotions does it elicit: So I can't remember when I first watched this movie, I just remember that I loved it from the first moment. I mean, how can you go wrong with 80's music infused, Adam Sandler, and Drew Barrymore wonderfulness. I do have to admit that I have soft spot for Adam Sandler that only comes from getting to see Happy Gilmore in the movie theater but I digress. I remember being really excited when I got this movie because the DVD version I have has 80s music video sing-a-longs on it.

Lights, Camera, Action: (Watched 7/28/14) So if you remember from my last post, I had my two younger cousins down visiting with me. After a particularly adventurous day, we nestled in to watch a movie at bedtime. Well, after about 15 minutes, both girls were fast asleep. At least I stayed up for the end.

After thoughts: Have I mentioned that I love this movie? I mean it's got 80s clothes, music, and references all over the place. Granted, I am an 80's baby not so much a kid but I can still appreciate the nostalgia this movie brings (If only I owned Can't Hardly Wait). This viewing was no different than any other as I enjoyed every minute of it. I had to stifle my chuckles at some of my favorite senses as to not to wake the girls. And I of course I sighed at the playing of Grow Old With You because that's all we really want in life, someone to grow old with us and take care of us when have too much to drink. :)

Verdict: Keeper



**TGMGT Six Degrees: Drew Barrymore was in "He's Just Not Into You" with Ben Affleck. Ben Affleck was in "Good Will Hunting" with Matt Damon. Matt Damon was in the Oceans movies already viewed. **

No comments:

Post a Comment