Thursday, May 22, 2014

Still-In-Plastic-Wrap: Mama Mia!

Mamma Mia!

When did I get it: I got it as a Christmas present this past year from my Maryland family along with a lot of fun stuff -- favorite candy, coffee mug, & gift card to Panera.

What memories/emotions does it elicit: OK so the first time I saw this movie was with my best friend for my birthday. There was a mexican restaurant across from the theater and we had dinner & margaritas. In the movie theater with us were about 4 other women -- ABBA's biggest fans. They sang every word to every song, it was amazing. The few times I've seen this since has paled in comparison. I did get to watch my Dad's reaction to watching this once at my grandparent's house -- classic.

Lights, Camera, Action: Well, I've been work-less for four days and enjoying doing whatever I want. I also decided in order to save some $$, stay focused on this project, and keep me from watching TV all day, I stopped my Hulu and Netflix accounts. So I've spent the last three days binge-watching my favorite shows. So ready to get back on track with this fun one... again, there is a strong possibility that I will be singing...

After thoughts: Pure entertainment. You can't take this too seriously. There are so many hilarious moments --  singing SOS (or singing in general),  /  /  as Donna & the Dynamos, & all the awesome Greek women joining in for Dancing Queen. Heck, I even had to get up and dance for that. I inevitably get several of the songs stuck in my head but the one that usually sticks worse is Take a Chance on Me... mostly because I love how Bill (played by  ) finally gets worn down by it in the end (too bad stuff like that doesn't work in real life -- not that I've tried...). Though it still confuses me why the Sophie & Sky can't see with world if they're married, it's still a fun movie to lift the spirits and entertain.

Verdict: Keeper




**Seven degrees update:  plays one of Sophie's dads and was previously seen in King's Speech -- I heart him so much, even if his character broke my heart & "came out" in this movie. :) Also, another musical appearance by . Also Julie Waters as Molly Weasley in HP & Deathly Hallows Pt 1-- goodness, so many connections**

No comments:

Post a Comment