Friday, June 6, 2014

It's-a-Heist: Oceans 12

Oceans 12

How long have I owned it: A while (I think I got 12 and 13 at the same time) probably got it during Grad school

Memories/emotions it elicits: I don't remember the first time I watched this but I remember being disappointed and concerned about future Oceans movies. I still love the characters and will probably have more comments after watching it again.

Lights, Camera, Action: I have plans to finish the Oceans flicks this weekend (possibly tonight, Friday) as I watched the first one the beginning of the week and in the mood for thinky-fun movies.

After thoughts: I think want makes this sequel NOT work is that it has flow issues. It seems disconnected from the essence of the first movie and there are a lot of plot twists with the multiple jobs and competition with the Night Fox. Also, visually this movie it dark, like literally lots of scenes in dimly lit rooms that don't really make sense to me. Ok, so the reasons I still enjoy this movie include continued wittiness of the dialog, the funny scene with Matsui's "lost in translation," and of course the "looky-loo with a bundle of joy."

Verdict: Keeper



**TGMGT Seven degrees: Yeah, pretty much repeat cast from Oceans 11.

1 comment: